Birthdays or anniversaries, diamonds are a perfect gift for any occasion. Why not surprise you loved one with a diamond solitaire pendant on her birthday or your anniversary.
Special occasions in life are rare and far in between, and the best gift to celebrate such special occasions is by gifting an exquisite and glowing diamond solitaire pendant or any other piece of sparkling jewelry. Since diamonds are enduring, they signify eternal love and can never go out of fashion. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and accentuate the neckline of the love of your life with a simple diamond solitaire pendant.
Glitz And Glamour Of Diamonds
Though there is nothing simple about a dazzling diamond, the glamour of the same will definitely show on her beautiful neck. However, a solitaire is bound to stretch your wallet, so you need to plan for it. Browse the net for choices, there is plenty to choose from. Let us try and make the whole process of selecting the best diamond solitaire pendant a pleasant one for you.
Shine Forever with a Perfectly Cut Solitaire
Solitaires are single spectacular stones set in a precious metal of your choice. When this single diamond is suspended from a chain, the glitter of the solitaire is definitely going to make a fashion statement. You can make it as simple as you want or as dramatic as you want, the choice is yours. Diamond solitaires are durable and brilliant – whether mounted on the precious metal or in an intricate setting – they always look beautiful. When you decide to go shopping for diamond solitaire pendants, you need to first understand all the terminologies associated with diamonds to help you make the right decisions. Choosing the right design to match her style will take time, so don’t be in a hurry, do your research well in advance and know all about diamonds before taking the plunge.
Size of the Solitaire
How big should the diamond be? Well, the size of the diamond selected by you should be directly proportional to your affordability. A bigger diamond will cost much more than a smaller one. Therefore, it is important to set your budget, so that you end up acquiring a stone that serves to be a perfect fit to match the size and depth of your pocket.
Once you are done with choosing the size of the diamond, you need to get down to the shape of the same. There are plenty of shapes to choose from like round diamonds which are the most popular, the princess cut diamond which is an eternal fancy shape, oval shaped diamonds that create an illusion of a bigger diamond because of their elongated shape, cushion cut, emerald cut, asscher cut, radiant cut and heart shaped diamonds. Take your pick and have that dazzling and radiant diamond solitaire pendant ready for your loved one.
Keeping in Mind the Four C’s
- Each stone is graded according to the cut, clarity, color and carat weight, which determines the value of the solitaire.
- An ideally cut diamond is shaped by the jeweler in such a way that it reflects as much light as possible through it, thus bringing out its brilliance.
- Generally, diamonds appear white or colorless and are graded from a D, which is pure white to a Z that has a hint of color in it. So, you need to be sure about what you are paying for is what you are getting.
- Every diamond has its share of freckles and flaws. In some stones marks are not visible to the naked eye, but you can always question the jeweler about the rating scale of the diamond clarity and satisfy yourself. The lesser the number of flaws, the clearer and more brilliant is the solitaire.
- Carats are the measurement of weights for diamonds, the larger the diamond, the more the carat weight.
- A grading report is a professional assessment of the diamonds characteristics and you definitely need to insist on a valid certification for the authenticity of the solitaire being purchased. If the jewelers shortlisted by you are genuine, then, they will give the certification on their own, but just in case the jeweler has overlooked this aspect, then it is your right to demand one.
Safe and Secure Setting
To bring out the brilliance of the solitaire, you have to take a good look at its setting, which is an extremely important aspect of making this investment. Take into account the style and fashion sense of your beloved and choose a setting that will enhance the glitter of the diamond and highlight her beautiful neckline alike.
This setting allows maximum light to pass through the diamond and brings out the fire and brilliance of the stone. More the number prongs, the more secure is the setting. But then, a lesser number of prongs would allow for more light to go through the stone without any hindrance, and give you a highly shining diamond.
Here, the solitaire is surrounded by a metal frame for making it safe and secure. The elegance of the bezel setting makes the solitaire extra safe and also makes the diamond appear larger.
There are many more settings that you can choose from. Either study about them on the net, or ask your jeweler to help you choose the right setting for the solitaire chosen by you.
Which Metal is the Best?
Now that you have chosen the size, shape and setting for the pendant, it is time to choose the metal on which your diamond pendant or solitaire needs to be mounted. The color of the metal should be dictated by the preference of the recipient. Keep her choice in mind, does she prefer yellow metal or a white one? If you are planning to surprise her, then, look into her collection of jewelry that she already owns and take a decision. Generally speaking, clear diamonds look best when mounted on white metal like platinum or silver, but again the choice is hers and the decision is yours.
High quality diamond solitaire pendants are durable and provide a glowing sparkle to the appearance of your loved one. The glitter of a single diamond around her neck will lend an irresistible charm and confidence to her personality. Diamond solitaires do not require too much of maintenance, and are therefore, the ideal adornment for a 21st century lady on the go.
Dazzle she way, forever!