Looking for jewelry can be an overwhelming task as there are always many options from which to choose. However, when you hit the market you will find that gemstone jewelry is and has been the most popular option for ages. Gemstones have been part of jewelry making since the earliest civilizations.
Today, the most beautiful jewelry collections use different precious stones to add a sense of beauty. However, besides their exquisite beauty and appearance, there are many other benefits of wearing gemstone jewelry. This article highlights some of these benefits.
Most Popular Gemstone Jewelry
Before learning the benefits of gemstone jewelry, why not look at some of the most popular gemstone jewelry in the market today. They range from amethyst rings and necklaces, amber rings, opal jewelry, turquoise, topaz, sapphire gemstone earrings, ruby earrings and necklaces, diamond earrings, ring and pendants, Morganite gemstones, and aquamarine gemstone necklaces.
Other gemstones that are used to make jewelry include Peridot, aventurine, carnelian, chalcedony, citrine, crystal quartz, emerald, Pearl, Fluorite, hematite, iolite, garnet, jade, labradorite, lapis lazuli, moonstone, onyx, opal, pyrite, and tanzanite.
Reasons to Wear Gemstone Jewelry
There are many reasons to buy and wear gemstone jewelry. These including:
1. Versatile Designs
You can choose gemstones for any accessories like earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and rings among others. Whether you want a beautiful engagement ring or a necklace for an evening, you can choose from a wide range of popular gemstones. These include diamonds, sapphire, and amethyst among others. For trendy jewelry, you can always find a choice in gemstone jewelry.
2. Timeless Beauty
If you want to achieve a chic, stylish look, you can never go wrong with gemstones. These stones take you back to an older age as they ooze a timeless beauty, which you cannot find in artificial jewelry. For instance, wearing a beautiful ruby ring, gives you a unique look, which is hard to replicate with any other form of jewelry.
You should invest in more gemstone jewelry if you want to dazzle others every time you walk out of the door.
If you are trying to achieve an elegant look, then gemstone jewelry is what you want to wear. When you wear a diamond necklace, for instance, you effortlessly get that desired elegant look. Other gemstones that add an elegant touch to your look include opals, pearls, emerald, tourmaline, aquamarine, sapphires, rubies, garnet, and topaz.
4. Unique Natural Benefits Of Every Gemstone
One of the reasons natural materials became popular in jewelry making included health benefits. These gemstones have unique natural benefits and wearing your jewelry allows you to enjoy these natural qualities. Take a look:
- Silver Jewelry: It alleviates body pain, boosts bone health, reduces blood pressure and uplifts your mood.
- Pearl jewelry: Treats digestive problems, boosts fertility and helps control emotions.
- Garnets: Boost your energy levels and your confidence.
- Amber jewelry: Used to relieve neck head and throat pains, as well as deal with fatigue, pressure, and anxiety.
- Amethyst jewelry: It has a calming effect and is said to provide relief against anxiety. It is ideal for people who suffer mood swings as it brings peace and happiness. Wearing this jewelry lulls the mind and has a calming effect on you.
- Aquamarine: It can have a positive effect on your digestive system, eyes, and teeth. Wearing it also brings happiness and inner calm.
- Goldstone/sandstone: This beautiful stone also generates positive energy and wards off any bad energy. It also helps relieve arthritic pain and strengthen bones.
- Jade: According to the Chinese, this is the stone of wealth and health. It helps by affecting emotional balance in a positive way, and boosts humility, inner peace, stamina, and love.
- Rose quartz: A popular gemstone for those who are looking for peace and calm. It is good to heal heartbreak and wearing this jewelry gives you soothing energy to overcome turmoil in your life.
- White, clear, or rainbow colored moonstone: Wearing jewelry with this gemstone helps you achieve balance and enjoy inner peace. This jewelry also alleviates anxiety, depression, insomnia, and promotes creativity. It is also believed to help combat other ailments.
- Yellow, brown, or red colored amber: Wearing jewelry with this gemstone helps treat headaches and reduce stress.
- Citrine: Boosts positive energy and promotes emotional well-being. Some people also say it helps with digestive ailments, sleep problems, hearing difficulties, pain and inflammation.
- Aquamarine: In addition to its unrivaled beauty, aquamarine jewelry helps the wearer cope with digestive, eye, and teeth problems. It also has positive energy, which brings happiness to the wearer.
- Agate jewelry: This semi-precious jewelry bestows the wearer with better physical and emotional balance. It also aids with problems of the digestive system, the blood, skin, and intestinal tract.
- Black opal: Believed to be a good luck charm and boasts of providing psychological benefits, including increasing self-confidence.
- Turquoise: Helps to ease feelings of negativity and low self-esteem.
- Diamonds: Diamond jewelry is a no-brainer for every woman who wants to look stunning. It is the hardest material known to man, yet it is also beautiful and many believe it has healing powers. It is the gemstone mostly associated with love and if you want to impress a woman, this is the one to choose.
- Lapis Lazuli: Known to man for centuries, Lapis Lazuli is not only beautiful but the Romans also believed that this gemstone had healing properties.
Every gemstone you find today has a rich history and people beliefs about each of them. In addition to their majestic beauty, gemstones also have other properties that help with boosting creativity, relieving negative energy, boosting digestion, treating amnesia among others.
If you are looking for gemstone earrings, don’t just consider the beauty of the gemstone but look for jewelry that has other inherent benefits.